Allen On Travel

A 30 year veteran of world travel (but knows nil about Orlando-area attractions), Will Allen III writes about his weekly odysseys by air on business and how the airlines rob him--and you--of time, the most precious commodity on earth. Time: It's all we have, and the airlines routinely take it from us. This blog challenges the airlines to keep their basic promises.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States

Born 1948 in Kinston, NC and raised there in beautiful eastern North Carolina, I now live in Raleigh and commute around the country and the world.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

American Eagle Cancels Homebound Flight 3 Fridays In A Row

AA Eagle
has never been a paragon of on-time performance, and they have often canceled flights on little or no notice, but I can't recall 3 Friday cancellations in a row. Nonetheless, they did it the past three Fridays:

On Friday, July 21, it was LaGuardia to Raleigh/Durham: CANCELED.

On Friday, July 28, it was LaGuardia to Raleigh/Durham again: CANCELED.

On Friday, August 4, it was Columbus, Ohio to LaGuardia (en route to RDU): CANCELED.

A perfect trio of homebound Friday flights canceled.

In each case, however, I was not actually flying because I was with my mom, who was very ill. The AA automatic notification system knew that I had been booked on those flights, and it didn't know that I was not on the planes. So the phone calls came through to my cell phone anyway, letting me know of the misery I avoided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home